- Through the ZoneInfo module Python standard library supports IANA timezone database.
- The ZoneInfo module has several constants, functions and a ZoneInfo class. All of them together provide the IANA timezone semantics to the developers.
- Prior to the introduction of ZoneInfo class, the only concrete implementation of the tzinfo abstract class was the TimeZone class.
- TimeZone class lacks two things.
- It is not an implementation that has been designed to support IANA databases.
- It does not handle daylight saving times.
- The ZoneInfo class supports both IANA timezone database as well as the daylight saving times.