- strip() removes leading, trailing characters as specified in the parameter charsToRemove and returns a new string object.
- Each character in the charsToRemove parameter is compared against the beginning of the string. If the characters match then the character is removed. Else the algorithm stops and continues from the trailing end of the string.
- Each character in the charsToRemove parameter is compared against the trailing end of the string.
- If the characters match then the character is removed. Else the algorithm stops and the new string object that has the leading and trailing characters removed as per the specification is returned.
- If no single character has been removed from the string, the same string object is returned.
consoleOutput = "=======>Results Display<======="
rawString = consoleOutput.strip("=><")
plainString = "Universe"
noDecor = plainString.strip(",#=*&")
print("Id of plainString:%s"%(id(plainString)))
print("Id of noDecor:%s"%(id(noDecor)))
Id of plainString:4302757680
Id of noDecor:4302757680